OpenSBI system reset device tree binding

Heinrich Schuchardt xypron.glpk at gmx.de
Wed Mar 3 07:15:17 GMT 2021

Hello Anup,

now that we have the system reset extension in OpenSBI the next logical
step for me would be to implement a U-Boot driver using it to provide
the UEFI ResetSystem() runtime service.

Similarly a reset driver could be built into Linux.

First thing that is needed is a device tree binding describing that we
have an OpenSBI system reset available for the board. A comparable
binding exists in the ARM world for PSCI. Cf.
Documentation/devicetree/bindings/arm/psci.yaml in the Linux code.

Has such a binding been defined for OpenSBI yet?

Best regards

Heinrich