[v2,05/15] lib: sbi: Disable m/scounteren & enable mcountinhibit

Stanislaw Kardach kda at semihalf.com
Sat Jun 5 09:17:05 PDT 2021

> What about a setting MINH bit in sscofpmf extension[1] implementation?

Sorry for getting late to the discussion. I think it needs to be
re-iterated that CY and IR are not part of Sscofpmf extension. There are
no corresponding mhpmevent registers for them. I asked Greg about this
in a private thread and if I understood it correctly, the reason for not
tackling CY and IR is that it would cause the extension to fall out of
the fast-track process.

So all in all, Sscofpmf will not be enough to tackle the sampling of
neither of those two. Unless there will be a copy of those counters in
mhpmcounters.

--
Best Regards,
Stan Kardach