Why does the firmware memory region have no permissions?

Anup Patel Anup.Patel at wdc.com
Fri Jun 4 00:41:38 PDT 2021

Nope, we had defined SBI FW extensions space so that EDK2 M-mode
code can pass on some information to EDK2 S-mode.

For things like loading TEE modules, we have to standardize SBI TEE
calls which any S-mode software (including U-Boot S-mode) can use.
We can't use EDK2 specific SBI FW extension for this.

The SBI TEE extension will be optional so S-mode software should
check extension availability before use.

Please update EDK2 boot-flow to support running EDK2 entirely
in S-mode. This ways distros can happily use EDK2 inside Guest/VM.

Regards,
Anup