Why does the firmware memory region have no permissions?

Anup Patel Anup.Patel at wdc.com
Wed Jun 2 08:14:49 PDT 2021

Yes, domains need to be populated as late as possible so that domains
are switched only after all initialization is completed.

> - What is the reason that each domain is requested to have the memory
> region of ROOT_FW_REGION?

The ROOT_FW_REGION protects the firmware itself. The fw_region is based
on fw_start and fw_size members of the "struct sbi_scratch".

> - I think opensbi will have the implement of switching the next mode to HSM
> later?

Can you elaborate why you need this ?

> - How does opensbi loads the hypervisor in HSM?

When H-extension is available the next mode is automatically HS-mode
(i.e. S-mode with virt=off).

You still did not share how you will make EDK2 boot flow work for
VS-modes because hypervisor will start Guest/VM directly in VS-mode
and M-mode components of EDK2 can't run inside Guest/VM

Regards,
Anup