OpenSBI v1.0 Released

Anup Patel Anup.Patel at wdc.com
Fri Dec 24 04:28:51 PST 2021

Hi All,

The OpenSBI v1.0 is now available on GitHub at:
https://github.com/riscv/opensbi/releases

This release has:
* SBI HSM suspend as defined by SBI v0.3 specification
* Position independent execution for firmware
* Ticket based spinlocks
* Simplified / reduced platform callbacks
* ACLINT MTIMER and MSWI support
* SBI PMU extension as defined by SBI v0.3 specification
* Simple FDT based GPIO driver framework
* Improved reset driver framework along with various reset drivers
* Generic timer delay loop APIs
* RISC-V Sscofpmf extension support
* Simple FDT based I2C driver framework along with SiFive I2C driver
* UART drivers for Gaisler and LiteX platforms

Overall, this release completes a major milestone by implementing
the SBI v0.3 specification along with various other improvements.

Many thanks to everyone who has contributed to this release.

Best Regards,
Anup Patel