TCP Sessions get disconnected at 6, 9 hours

Larry Ploetz lploetz at gmail.com
Wed Jan 31 16:15:59 PST 2024

Thanks for openconnect!

I've noticed that all my ssh sessions, regardless of when they start
relative to the start of openconnect, get disconnected after openconnect
has been up 6 hours, and 9 hours (about - ± 5 minutes). I assume that
would happen with other long lasting TCP sessions (I've tried with socat
a few times and that seems to be the case).

I'm using openconnect with GlobalProtect, which has a 12 hour time out.

Here's my command:

    openconnect --csd-wrapper openconnect/trojans/hipreport.sh --protocol=gp --script=/etc/vpnc/vpnc-script --dump-http-traffic --timestamp -vvv --user=larryp --syslog --passwd-on-stdin https://<ELIDED>.com < <ELIDED> > outfile 2> errfile & echo $! > pidfiled

Am I logging too much :-) ?

Thanks,
· Larry