Does OpenConnect handle SCEP?

marcuac at gmail.com marcuac at gmail.com
Sat Apr 27 19:56:22 PDT 2024

Hi all,

I've been looking online for an alternative to Cisco AnyConnect client
(which I haven't been able to get working on Linux) and I saw people
recommending OpenConnect. My workplace VPN is configured to do
certificate enrollment when connecting for the very first time, which
I believe is done through SCEP (simple certificate enrollment
protocol). I've installed and tried NetworkManager-openconnect but it
doesn't seem to do this initial certificate enrollment. Does
OpenConnect implement SCEP?

Thank you!
Tony