DNS server list has strange separator

Daniel Lenski dlenski at gmail.com
Fri Jun 30 11:50:58 PDT 2023

On Fri, Jun 23, 2023 at 5:14 AM Dimitri Papadopoulos Orfanos
<dimitri.papadopoulos at cea.fr> wrote:
> I have opened an issue here:
> https://gitlab.com/openconnect/openconnect/-/issues/634

Aaron Smith, can you please test
https://gitlab.com/openconnect/openconnect/-/merge_requests/483 which
should fix this?

> * search domains, which are typically found in the XML configuration
> sent by the Fortigate, inside a single XML element, with ';' or "," as
> the separator:
>    <dns domain='sub1.redacted.com;sub2.redacted.com' />

It would be good to get more details from Aaron, but I believe that it
must indeed be the (`<dns domain="X">`) XML attribute which is
bizarrely delimited in this way, because:

(1) the numeric DNS IP addresses *are* being correctly received
(2) the split-DNS domains (`<split-dns domains="Y">`) are not actually
passed along to the vpnc-script in any way