Connecting to anyconnect vpn - system verification

Zbyněk Kačer zbynek.kacer at pitris.info
Fri Jan 27 03:35:53 PST 2023

Hello,
our organization is starting using cisco anyconnect to access vpn. We
were told to use the official cisco client (4.10.05095) which I'm never
going to install into my linux system.
So I tried openconnect and I can log in, but I can ping machines only
and cannot make a tcp connection (ssh). They call it a limited access.
If I want to ssh, I need to "verify my machine" - and this is the trojan
binary injected by the gateway, am I right?

So I tried
openconnect --dump-http-traffic --csd-wrapper=/tmp/csd-post.sh
gateway.host.some.server.com

but the csd-post script seems never be called (I've inserted some echos
at the beginning).
Do I have to force openconnect to post the "scan" result to the gateway
somehow?

Thanks for any help!