Additional routes using PulseSecure VPN

Lambert Rots lambert at lambiek.eu
Tue Jan 24 04:16:33 PST 2023

Hi,

Within my company we use PulseSecure for our VPNs. Using openconnect I
can establish a VPN connection and for pushed routes on making the
connection it works great.

For some sites like Azure, the Pulse VPN sends additional routes which
are correctly handled when using the Pulse VPN client. I can't find a
way using openconnect to do the same.

I've heard something about the Pulse client which 'intercepts' DNS
requests and then gives additional routes based on the hosts requested,
but I don't know exactly how valid that information is.

Are you familiar with / aware of this?

Best regards,

Lambert