smartcard + configfile: how to avoid error "File name too long"?

Daniel Lenski dlenski at gmail.com
Wed Oct 12 16:51:51 PDT 2022

On Wed, Oct 12, 2022 at 4:22 PM Djunzu <djunzu at proton.me> wrote:

> I tried double quotes and single quotes. But did not thought in trying no quotes at all.

Yeah, we should update the documentation to clarify this. Or, better
yet, we should update the code to accept single and/or double quotes
in config files.

> The error seems strange to me. But ok.

Yeah, the error message is strange. It is complaining about a "file" because:

1. OpenConnect recognizes pkcs11: as the start of a PKCS11 URI
2. It does *not* recognize "pkcs11 as such (note leading "), and thus
tries to interpret it as a filename.

Thanks for reporting this, and we should indeed improve it.

Dan