AW: Questions about OpenConnect with Pulse and a bug

Schütz Dominik Dominik.Schuetz at esolutions.de
Thu May 19 15:56:09 PDT 2022

> I'll look into this again the next time I have the problem of him not being able to establish an ESP session.

I have observed the problem of not being able to establish an ESP session again on several clients. Most of the time OpenConnect can establish an ESP session with "--protocol=pulse". In individual cases it always takes 1 minute until it has established the ESP session. I don't understand why exactly 1 minute everytime.
​

If I pass "--no-dtls", then the "protocol=pulse" really does change to SSL (SSL is half as slow on our system compared to ESP). But I get the following messages:
Configured as xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx, with SSL connected and ESP disabled
Session authentication will expire at Fri May 6 21:07:40 2022

Unknown Pulse packet
Unknown Pulse packet
Unknown Pulse packet
Unknown Pulse packet
Unknown Pulse packet

Where are the reports (unkown pulse packet) coming from?

Regards,
Dominik