OpenConnect 9.01 does not work under Ubuntu 20.04

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Wed May 4 10:30:03 PDT 2022

On Wed, 2022-05-04 at 16:51 +0000, Schütz Dominik wrote:

> when i install "openconnect_9.01-0+9.1_amd64.deb" from "https://software.opensuse.org/download.html?project=home%3Abluca%3Aopenconnect%3Arelease&;package=openconnect"
> it doesn't work, see text below:

Make sure you also install the matching libopenconnect5 package from
https://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/bluca:/openconnect:/release/Ubuntu_20.04/amd64/libopenconnect5_9.01-0+9.1_amd64.deb

I just did that here, and those builds *don't* have PKSC support.

 $ openconnect --version
OpenConnect version v9.01-0+9.1
Using GnuTLS 3.6.13. Features present: TPMv2, PKCS#11, RSA software token, HOTP software token, TOTP software token, Yubikey OATH, System keys, DTLS, ESP
Supported protocols: anyconnect (default), nc, gp, pulse, f5, fortinet, array
Default vpnc-script (override with --script): /usr/share/vpnc-scripts/vpnc-script
 $ ldd /usr/sbin/openconnect | grep pskc
 $

It's not clear why you managed to install the openconnect binary
package without the corresponding library. In RPM packaging you get a
dependency on 'libopenconnect.so.5(OPENCONNECT_5_8)(64bit)' which is
handled automatically. You wouldn't be able to install a package which
*uses* new symbols from libopenconnect.so.5.8 without also installing
that package.

In Debian it's apparently different; I'm not sure if this is just
something that Debian packaging doesn't handle at all, or if it's an
issue with the way we build in OBS? Luca?