Aruba VIA VPN support

Daniel Lenski dlenski at gmail.com
Mon Jun 6 12:56:03 PDT 2022

On Mon, Jun 6, 2022 at 9:00 AM Daniel Pou <daniel.pou at gmail.com> wrote:

> After a cursory inspection, I have not found any request to add
> support for Aruba VIA VPN protocol in issues or the mailing list. I am
> curious if anyone has considered or made any effort so far? I am
> trying to look through the links referenced on observing from the main
> site in the mean time.

Very interesting. I had never heard of this VPN protocol before.
Definitely seems like it'd be worth adding support for.

I write and maintain a tool called what-vpn which can be used to
sniff/survey various SSL/TLS-based VPNs, largely so that we can try to
figure out what fraction of VPNs out there are supported by
OpenConnect (currently >90% 😎):
https://github.com/dlenski/what-vpn#2021-results

I just added a rudimentary detector for Aruba VIA networks VPNs in
https://github.com/dlenski/what-vpn/commit/15cc61a1956270c57c574b956ec2faa6bc7be386

I tested it on a couple university VPNs where I could find public
documentation that they are indeed running an Aruba VPN… would you
mind testing to see if it works on yours?