OpenConnect with fortinet and multifactor authentication

Ralph Serge ralph591 at protonmail.com
Fri Sep 10 08:53:51 PDT 2021

Greetings.

I came across OpenConnect while looking for a client to connect to a Fortinet VPN server using multifactor authentication.

I see that this was implemented recently ( https://www.infradead.org/openconnect/fortinet.html ) with the --protocol=fortinet option. However, when I try it I get "Unknown VPN protocol 'fortinet'". The man page also does not mention Fortinet at all.

I am using OpenConnect v.8.10 on Arch linux.

>openconnet --version
OpenConnect version v8.10
Using GnuTLS 3.7.2. Features present: PKCS#11, RSA software token, HOTP software token, TOTP software token, Yubikey OATH, System keys, DTLS, ESP
Supported protocols: anyconnect (default), nc, gp, pulse

Any answer will be much appreciated.
Ralph