OpenConnect for Windows 1.5.3: TAP-Windows driver issues.

Daniel Lenski dlenski at gmail.com
Mon Aug 2 10:51:31 PDT 2021

On Fri, Jul 23, 2021 at 12:13 AM Madobe Nanami
<Madobenanami at protonmail.com> wrote:

> 1. The integrated TAP driver (TAP-Windows 9.21.2) has no WHQL signature. On "UEFI Secure Boot" enabled Microsoft Windows, only WHQL drivers are allowed.
>
> [bunch of screenshots from OpenConnect-GUI installer]

OpenConnect-GUI has not been maintained in quite a while. It could
really use a new maintainer, since none of us core OpenConnect
developers use Windows much.

However, we *have* been updating the base OpenConnect library and CLI
application to use the better-maintained Wintun driver instead of
TAP-Windows. See:

- https://gitlab.com/openconnect/openconnect/-/commit/60d1f092e35f05217f1c96823c4f1b86c7915bbd
- https://gitlab.com/openconnect/openconnect/-/merge_requests/178

It would help us greatly to have more users test recent Windows builds
with Wintun support, in order to be able to include this change in an
upcoming release.

Thanks,
Dan