Change interface mode

Beau Barker bbarker at karasent.com
Wed Oct 21 17:31:05 EDT 2020

Is it possible to change the interface mode to TAP?

I have a device that needs to connect to a remote server via VPN tunnel.  The device cannot establish a VPN connection on its own and it reports the IP address it is assigned to the server for communication.  I have configured a Raspberry PI to establish the VPN tunnel and forward traffic in NAT mode, but that isn't good enough since the device reports its private IP address.  My hope is that if I can get OpenConnect into TAP mode I can bridge the connection to the device and then the device will be using an IP address the server can see.

Thank you,
Beau