Any performance implications in switching from using local addresses for point-to-point connections to using NAT?

Gerry O'Brien Gerry.OBrien at scss.tcd.ie
Wed Jul 22 06:24:25 EDT 2020

Hello,

   We are using OpenConnect as a replacement for VMware's
UnifiedAccessGateway. We are really impressed with the DTLS performance
for remote access to physical desktops using VMware Horizon 7.

   If we switched from the default deployment where there are individual
point-to-point local address connections to using NAT where all client
connections would appear to come from the server, would there be a
performance degradation? The only reason we are considering using NAT is
to solve routing issues in our wider organisation because of the use of
local addresses in the point-to-point client server connections.

     Best regards,
         Gerry

--
Gerry O'Brien

Systems Manager
School of Computer Science and Statistics
Trinity College Dublin
Dublin 2
Ireland

Tel: +353 1 896 1341