openconnect is not connecting in GUI Ubuntu 16.04 (--no-xmlpost issue)

UltraMax mcsim at dinamo-minsk.org
Wed Jan 31 06:31:32 PST 2018

Hi all
I'm using ubuntu 16.04.4 and want to set up a vpn connection from GUI
applet but I can't
The issue is the same like it's written in this link
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/openconnect/+bug/1229195

If I use this option
sudo openconnect --no-xmlpost ... blah blah blah
then I can connect

but if I use GUI applet I can't connect

I have read that this --no-xmlpost issue had been fixed in 5.02-1
version in openconnect and in Ubuntu 14.04 (with this version of
openconnect) everything works fine.
But in Ubuntu 16.04.4 with openclient version 7.06.2build2 I can
connect from GUI (only command line is possible)

I do believe that this is the issue with --no-xmlpost because if I
remove it from command line parameter it is also not working

Can you help me with this issue?