Connect to VPN network with CAC (smart card) authentication

Adam Allgood - NOAA Federal adam.allgood at noaa.gov
Tue Nov 14 11:25:02 PST 2017

To whom it may concern,

My office is now requiring us to authenticate into their VPN with our
CAC smart cards. I currently use Cisco AnyConnect on Chrome OS to
access VPN with an RSA SecurID pin. AnyConnect does not support smart
card authentication. Is there a way to connect to a VPN network using
a smart card with OpenConnect? If so, are there a set of instructions
for how to do it on Chrome OS? I have installed OpenConnect on my
Chromebook (Acer 14) through the Google Play Store.

Thanks!
Adam

--
Adam Allgood - Meteorologist