Openconnect - name or service not known when using sudo

Lucas Moreyra lucas.moreyra at gmail.com
Fri Nov 10 10:43:56 PST 2017

Hi!

I've been using openconnect with no problems at all, but since
yesterday when I try to connect to the VPN using sudo it fails:

lmoreyra at arbanlmoreyra1:~$ sudo openconnect vpn-am2.infor.com
[sudo] password for lmoreyra:
POST https://vpn-am2.infor.com/
getaddrinfo failed for host '': Name or service not known
Failed to open HTTPS connection to vpn-am2.infor.com
Failed to obtain WebVPN cookie

I know that there is a way to avoid using sudo (in which case it the
VPN partially works) but I rather avoid it.

I have already tried putting the ip on the hosts file and using another dns.

Any ideas what is the problem?

Thanks!