Ubuntu 17.10 GUI problem when connecting to Juniper/Pulse VPN

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Thu Nov 2 05:48:09 PDT 2017

On Wed, 2017-11-01 at 22:19 -0700, Daniel Lenski wrote:

> The Juniper realm dropdown box ("authgroup" in openconnect-internal
> parlance) can't be modified when connecting to a Juniper VPN via the
> OpenConnect NM GUi plugin. If I try to change the realm, it snaps back
> to the previous value just as Peter describes. Screenshot showing the
> offending UI element: https://snag.gy/ZGfOWJ.jpg
>
> Strangely, this problem does *not* apply to AnyConnect-protocol VPNs,
> even though I know the form is stored internally in an identical
> format.

This is probably related to the OC_FORM_RESULT_NEWGROUP handling, where
the UI 'submits' the form with that result code immediately when the
user changes the group — to allow for the other fields which
appear/disappear according to the authgroup selection.

It looks like Juniper does *nothing* except looping on
process_auth_form() while (ret == OC_FORM_RESULT_NEWGROUP). So the
question is why the UI's setting of the authgroup selection isn't
actually being saved.

One option might simply be *not* to set form->authgroup_opt, which is
what triggers the UI to treat this option as the special "authgroup"
option, and return OC_FORM_RESULT_NEWGROUP when it changes. There's no
*need* for that special handling in this case as it isn't being used
anyway.

Dan, where are we with the final cleanups to the GP code to get that
merged? I spent a little while heckling and thought you were going to
keep going with the resulting minor cleanups?