Ubuntu 17.10 GUI problem when connecting to Juniper/Pulse VPN

Peter Papp peter.papp.p at gmail.com
Thu Nov 2 05:33:16 PDT 2017

Hi Dan,

Thank you for your time on this.

I didn't build OpenConnect, I installed it with simple "apt install" on
Ubuntu 17.10. I have no PPAs or any other extra software sources added,
only what comes with a fresh Ubuntu install.

sudo apt install openconnect
sudo apt install network-manager-openconnect
sudo apt install network-manager-openconnect-gnome

openconnect --version

OpenConnect verzió: v7.08
GnuTLS használata. A következő jellemzői vannak: PKCS#11, RSA software
token, HOTP software token, TOTP software token, Yubikey OATH, System
keys, DTLS

(sorry it's in Hungarian but you understand the important part)

dpkg -l | grep openconnect

ii libopenconnect5:amd64             7.08-1  amd64 open client for Cisco
AnyConnect VPN - shared library
ii network-manager-openconnect       1.2.4-1 amd64 network management
framework (OpenConnect plugin core)
ii network-manager-openconnect-gnome 1.2.4-1 amd64 network management
framework (OpenConnect plugin GNOME GUI)
ii openconnect                       7.08-1  amd64 open client for Cisco
AnyConnect VPN

Hope this helps. Anything else I can do please let me know.

Thank you
Péter