Minimum GnuTLS version for OpenConnect 7.08?

Daniel Lenski dlenski at gmail.com
Sat May 27 13:24:58 PDT 2017

On Sat, May 27, 2017 at 9:16 AM, Mike Miller <mtmiller at debian.org> wrote:
> On Sat, May 27, 2017 at 11:41:13 +0100, David Woodhouse wrote:
>> On Fri, 2017-05-26 at 10:38 -0700, Daniel Lenski wrote:
>> > It would be good to clarify the minimum library versions required if
>> > they're easy to pin down.
>>
>> Right now we still do support GnuTLS 2.12. I have no real objection to
>> killing that, if Mike doesn't (which he didn't last time I asked).
>
> I think the build error linked to suggests that we may not actually
> support 2.12 now ('GNUTLS_E_TIMEDOUT' undeclared).

Right, apparently, this constant was first declared in GnuTLS 2.99 (I
assume that was a 3.0 pre-release?), so definitely no version older
than 3.0 can be supported:

https://gitlab.com/gnutls/gnutls/commit/258d52ffb0112f457fa2503493b9f353d08bdf24

>> It's just that we've never had a good reason to actually rip it out.
>
> Debian and Ubuntu packages have been building with 3.2 and newer since
> 2014. GnuTLS 2.12 no longer exists in current releases, so I have no
> objection to killing it.
>
> It would be nice to document exactly what the actual minimum version
> requirement is now. The oldest version I have readily available is
> 3.2.11, and it works.

Yeah, that's exactly what I'm hoping for, if only so that I can tell
users definitively that they need to upgrade their libraries to build
successfully.

-Dan