Once Again connecting as non root user.

harsh P hiharsh at gmail.com
Thu Jan 26 13:52:06 PST 2017

As I described earlier, I would like to connect to VPN server from C++
code as a non-root user.
I would also like to avoid interactive  question response "yes ,
username, passowrd" as prompted by the openconnect. I have been not
successful yet to achieve this.

Any help would be appreciated.
I have the following main questions.
1) Is it feasible to use script with embedded user name, passowrd and
VPN server address in the script and with quite option to launch
openConnect?
Any example script?  and how do I inform openconnect to use the script?

2) I am not getting past the error associated with the nonroot user
mode connection here is the complete information.

I followed the documentation at

http://www.infradead.org/openconnect/nonroot.html

sudo ip tuntap add vpn0 mode tun user ABC
[sudo] password for smartcart:
user at smartcart-VirtualBox:~/BASE/build/bin$ whoami
smartcart
user at smartcart-VirtualBox:~/BASE/build/bin$ openconnect -b X.X.X.X
POST https://X.X.X.X/
Attempting to connect to server X.X.X.X
SSL negotiation with X.X.X.X
Server certificate verify failed: signer not found

Certificate from VPN server "4.35.251.210" failed verification.
Reason: signer not found
Enter 'yes' to accept, 'no' to abort; anything else to view: yes
Connected to HTTPS on X.X.X.X
Got HTTP response: HTTP/1.0 302 Object Moved
GET https://X.X.X.X/
Attempting to connect to server X.X.X.X443
GET https://4X.X.X.X/+webvpn+/index.html
SSL negotiation with X.X.X.X
Server certificate verify failed: signer not found
Connected to HTTPS on X.X.X.X
Please enter your username and password.
GROUP: [sslvpnclient]:sslvpnclient

Please enter your username and password.
Username:dABC
Password:
POST https://4.35.251.210/+webvpn+/index.html
Got CONNECT response: HTTP/1.1 200 OK
CSTP connected. DPD 30, Keepalive 20
Failed to bind local tun device (TUNSETIFF): Operation not permitted
To configure local networking, openconnect must be running as root
See http://www.infradead.org/openconnect/nonroot.html for more information
Set up tun device failed

user at smartcart-VirtualBox:~/BASE/build/bin$ sudo ip tuntap add vpn0
mode tun user ABC
ioctl(TUNSETIFF): Device or resource busy

--
Thanks & Regards
Harsh