XML response has no "auth" node

Daniel Lenski dlenski at gmail.com
Thu Feb 9 12:35:39 PST 2017

> So if I use --juniper I get a "Dumping unknown HTTP form".

What does that unknown form look like?

Handling Juniper auth automatically is notoriously difficult because
Juniper VPNs allow free-form web pages as part of the authentication
process. They can use anything from simple HTML forms to JavaScript to
ActiveX controls (!!!) to do the authentication.

> I guess I'd  need to script it somehow to route through a browser so I can log in that way.

The easiest way to get started with a Juniper VPN+OpenConnect is
usually to do the login in the web browser, and then "steal" the DSID
cookie from the resulting Juniper web portal page, after a successful
login.

Then start openconnect using that cookie, and bypass the
authentication-form-scraping entirely:

    openconnect --cookie "DSID=deadbeefdeadbeefdeadbeef" --protocol=nc
junipervpn.company.com

Dan