New Ocserv Config-Per-User/Group Configuration Option

Lance LeFlore lance at 3t218.org
Tue Nov 29 05:18:56 PST 2016

Hi There,

I would like to begin discussion around a new config-per-{user,group} option.

This new configuration option, let's call it: custom-env (exported as,
say, OCSERV_CUSTOM_ENV), would act purely as an variable to be
exported during execution of connect/disconnect-script. It would not
be consumed by Ocserv in any (other) way.

My use case is that I would like to store a small bit of metadata in
config-per-user which is then exported and used to inform the URL to a
REST API Ocserv is calling upon client connect and disconnect.

Is there some existing variable which is exported that could serve
this purpose? If not, does something like this seem within scope and
feasible for the project?

Thanks,
Lance