Feature request: multiple openconnect processes running vpnc-script-sshd

Karl O. Pinc kop at meme.com
Wed Nov 2 19:42:36 PDT 2016

Hi,

Without doing more background research than looking at the vpnc
script git repo, I'm making a feature request.

I'd like to be able to run multiple openconnect processes,
establishing multiple vpn connections to different servers,
and have each use the vpnc-script-sshd script.

It is annoying to have to completely shut down work
done via one vpn in order to do work over another.

fec0::1 is presently hardcoded into vpnc-script-sshd.
This would seem to be a barrier.  :)

I don't know if anything more than allowing openconnect to
pass a network to vpnc-script-sshd would be required....

Regards,

Karl <kop at meme.com>
                 -- Robert A. Heinlein

P.S.  I once started an openconnect vpn connection with
vpnc-script-sshd, started and then stopped a openvpn
vpn, then (I think) stopped the openconnect vpn.  I was
left (IIRC) with a openconnect tun device still in
existence.  This caused breakage when trying to restart
the openconnect vpn.  Or something like this happened.
It's been a long time, I didn't try to reproduce the problem,
and I may not be remembering correctly.  Plus I've no idea
if this is a openconnect problem or a openvpn problem or both.

(Or maybe I started openconnect, then started openvpn, then
stopped openconnect, then stopped openvpn.  Dunno.  Sorry
for the handwaving.)

I thought you might like to hear about this just to have
a data point, no matter how fuzzy.