Cannot connect to Juniper VPN

Grzegorz Kowalski g.kowalski at uj.edu.pl
Wed Nov 2 09:49:41 PDT 2016

Hello,
I have some trouble connecting to Juniper VPN.
Everything seems to be working fine, even two-factor authentication, but
OpenConnect just exits immediately after receiving network details,
without setting up the network interface.

I use OpenConnect 7.07 built from source on Linux Mint 17.3 with kernel
3.19.0-32-generic #37~14.04.1-Ubuntu SMP x86_64.
I tried to use vpnc-script bundled with my system, and also the newest
version, but the outcome is the same.
Also tried with and without preconfigured TUN device, but to no avail.

I noticed that when run under sudo it just exits, but when run directly
from root console it exits with segfault.
I'm attaching debug output for both sessions.

Thank you for your help!
--
Pozdrawiam / Kind regards,
Grzegorz Kowalski

Control systems engineer
National Synchrotron Radiation Centre SOLARIS
Jagiellonian University
Czerwone Maki 98, 30-392 Kraków, room 2.38
mobile: 0048 511 979 750