I cannot connect to VPN when I specify different TAP interface via parameter --interface="TUN_SEC"

Jiri Novak novak at sapnet.cz
Sat Mar 26 07:47:45 PDT 2016

Hello,

i use openconnect version 7.02 on windows platform. I cannot connect to VPN
when I specify different TAP interface via parameter --interface="TUN_SEC".
I receive error message:

Ignoring non-matching TAP interface "TUN"
Set up tun device failed

and word "TUN" is name of first TAP adapter in my system. When i change name
of interface in windows is also changed on output in the error message.
Openconnect probably use first TAP interface in the windows and ignoring
parametr --interface= . I have 2 TAP interfaces because i want to run 2
instances openconnect and connect simultaneous to 2 different VPN networks.
Without specify parameter --interface= i can connect to VPN without any
problems. God bless you for that almost perfect software and thanks for
help.