connection established but no access to remote network

Marina Papoutsi marina.cogsci at gmail.com
Thu Mar 17 16:00:04 PDT 2016

Hi,

I am trying to get access to my workplace via vpn.
The vpn address is vpn.ucl.ac.uk.
I run kubuntu 15.10 64-bit

Using the following command, I can successfully connect to the vpn server

sudo openconnect --csd-wrapper ~/Downloads/android_csd2.sh --os android
vpn.ucl.ac.uk

However, when I try to ssh to my workstation or to access intranet
pages, I can't.
It looks as though the VPN connection has had no effect and the internet
is going through the normal (non vpn) routes.

I downloaded the vpnc-script from your website, in case there was
something wrong with the locally installed script. That didn't seem to
make any difference.
I also disabled ufw to check whether it was a firewall issue and that
made no difference as well.

For the record, in the past I was able to connect successfully to my
workplace's network using the same commands, but on a different machine
running kubuntu 15.04.

I am not sure how to go about solving this.

Many thanks in advance for your help,
Marina