AW: AW: Read Client Hostname

Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos n.mavrogiannopoulos at gmail.com
Sat Mar 5 01:54:57 PST 2016

On Fri, 2016-03-04 at 17:35 +0100, Matthias Mandlmeier wrote:
> If I understand it correctly there is at the moment no possibility to
> get the hostname value in the up or down scripts. If this is correct
> does ocserv has the possibitlity to forward the DHCP Request to
> another DHCP Server and the external DHCP Server will do the DNS
> Update?

Would nsupdate work with your server? In that case there can be an
update coming from ocserv based on the bind library:
https://ftp.isc.org/isc/bind/cur/9.10/doc/arm/Bv9ARM.ch12.html#id261375
0

In that case only a patch to ocserv would be needed an a testsuite.
Would you be interested to provide that patch?

> An other idea that I have if it is possible that the Up Script will
> be executed at a later time when the Hostname is known by ocserv?

I find that appealing to call a 3rd script in the login process.

However, your request made me realise that openconnect client's
hostname variable is quite arbitrarily set and is of no much use to the
server. That would need some cleanup too.