Problem finding tun device

Stuart Luppescu slu at ccsr.uchicago.edu
Sat Jun 4 17:53:17 PDT 2016

Hello, Sorry to bother you with this problem, but I'm stuck. I got a
new work computer. I have enjoyed using openconnect for years with the
old one. I set up the new one the same as the old one, as far as I can
tell. When I try to connect, I get these messages:

POST https://cvpn.uchicago.edu/
Attempting to connect to server 205.208.120.4:443
SSL negotiation with cvpn.uchicago.edu
Connected to HTTPS on cvpn.uchicago.edu
XML POST enabled
Please enter your username and password.
Password:
POST https://cvpn.uchicago.edu/
Got CONNECT response: HTTP/1.1 200 OK
CSTP connected. DPD 30, Keepalive 20
Failed to open tun device: No such device
Set up tun device failed

This is very strange because I have a proper tun device:

 ls -al /dev/net/tun
crw-rw-rw- 1 root root 10, 200 Jun  4 19:57 /dev/net/tun

Can anyone help? No vpn means no work :-(

--
Stuart Luppescu
Chief Psychometrician