script-tun forwarding doesn't work with rdesktop

Benn Snyder benn.snyder at gmail.com
Thu Jan 28 21:26:31 PST 2016

First, thank you for the free software.

I am trying to use the port forwarding feature described at
http://www.infradead.org/openconnect/nonroot.html to run a single
program on the VPN.  I have a script rdesktop-HOST.sh like this:

    #!/bin/sh
    rdesktop HOST.DOMAIN.net -u USER -d DOMAIN -p PASSWORD

If I connect normally

    # openconnect --juniper AUTHSITE.com

then run my script from another shell, everything works perfectly.
But I want only rdesktop to be forwarded and all other traffic to go
straight to the internet, so I tried the --script-tun flag:

    $ openconnect --juniper AUTHSITE.com --script-tun --script
/mnt/scripts/rdesktop-HOST.sh

The juniper connection goes fine and I get a startup message from
rdesktop, but it never connects.  Am I missing something?  Do I need
another piece of code in between?

Regards,
Benn