fail to send close messages to the radius server

Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos n.mavrogiannopoulos at gmail.com
Fri Jan 1 01:45:02 PST 2016

On Thu, Dec 31, 2015 at 5:34 PM, Yick Xie <yick.xie at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi everybody,
> Happy New Year!
> Here I found the ocserv sometimes failed to send "closing session"
> messages to the radius server, typically after the server did not
> receive DPD messages for a long time. It happened many times using
> ocserv-0.10.9 on my 3 servers. When I tried to disconnect this user
> via occtl, the occtl still displayed such user afterward. The only way
> I can do is to kill or stop the ocserv and clean stale sessions in the
> radius SQL. I set mobile-dpd to 600 and cookie to 1800, while the
> client was supposed to be android openconnect yet not 100% guarantee.
> Please check my latest logs.
> LOG1:
> LOG2:

Hello Yick,
 The logs are for multiple sessions and it is not clear which worker
has stuck. When you have a worker which is stuck like that do the
following:

1. run occtl show id xxx #(the id shown by occtl show users)

2. grep the log for the ID of the session (it corresponds to PID)

3. run
# gdb /usr/bin/ocserv xxx (again the ID)
bt full

4. post the logs and output of the previous commands.