Issue compiling ocserv 0.11.0

Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos n.mavrogiannopoulos at gmail.com
Wed Apr 20 05:57:29 PDT 2016

On Tue, Apr 19, 2016 at 11:28 PM, Björn Ketelaars
<bjorn.ketelaars at hydroxide.nl> wrote:
> My own attempt to port the gitlab-ci-runner to OpenBSD failed miserably.
> Another OpenBSD user recently shared his work [0]. Albeit not yet officially
> imported in the ports-tree, the port builds on OpenBSD current. I'm not
> familiar with the runner so I'm unable to test extensively.
> Setting up an 'image' for the runner that is able to run jobs locally could be
> as easy as:
> 1.) Installing OpenBSD by following the install guide [1] (I would like to
>   advice to use current);
> 2.) Retrieving a copy of the OpenBSD ports tree [2]
> 3.) Extraction of the port [0] in ports/devel, followed by
> 4.) make install
> When (and if) the port is imported in the OpenBSD ports tree a precompiled
> package will be made available and steps 2 to 4 can be replaced by an easy
> "pkg_add portname-runner".
> Build dependencies are already available as packages and can be installed
> using pkg_add
> Does the above information suffice?

Thank you Bjorn. I've looked around and saw that there are freebsd
"cloud" images so I'll go with it for now as my cycles to spent are
really limited. I've setup an instance and it seems that it can be
integrated into ocserv's CI [0]. Since there is no uid_wrapper or
socket_wrapper, this is merely a compilation test only and some unit
testing, but no real functionality check. Nevertheless, I'm pretty
content with that at the moment.

[0]. https://gitlab.com/ocserv/ocserv/builds/1127200