OpenConnect on Windows loses connection

Mike Lischke mike at lischke-online.de
Mon May 18 06:36:29 PDT 2015

Hi Nikos,

thanks for taking care.

Sorry, should have been there right from the start. It's the freshly build openconnect 1.3 client from here: https://github.com/openconnect/openconnect-gui/releases.

> In any case you
> should check your routing table (with route print) when everything
> works and after 10 secs. It could be that you run something that
> changes the routing table.

Well, it's a bit difficult as the routing table changes constantly on each login. However, what I found while examining that is that I got it working without knowing why. I let a ping running to one of the company servers and saw it succeeding after I reconnected (when a previous connection stopped working).

Opened a few web sites etc. and after a while the ping failed and access was gone again. I tried to reconnect again but failed. Restarted the network interface and tried again, to no avail. The GUI still believes it is offline atm., but .... suddenly ping succeeded again and now I'm on VPN for about 30 mins without problems. Go figure. The TAP adapter used for the VPN says it is till connected, so that's probably why I have access (even though the GUI fails to reconnect as it doesn't reach the entry server). If I only knew what's going on there to reproduce it tomorrow :-D

Mike
--
www.soft-gems.net