ocserv + ipv6

Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos n.mavrogiannopoulos at gmail.com
Thu May 7 06:09:39 PDT 2015

Hello,
 With this mail I bring up a discussion made on the irc channel here.
As it is now ocserv, for IPv6 provides an IP address from the
configured pool using a dummy prefix length, the same way as we do for
IPv4. However, since in IPv6 the number of addresses are pretty much
unlimited it makes sense to provide a real subnet to the client. That
will not have much impact on the clients which handle the provided
address as a point-to-point one, but will allow future clients to use
multiple addresses from the VPN. Do you see any issues with that
approach, or have an idea to improve it?