Help with Openconnect Install

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Mon Jul 6 13:11:50 PDT 2015

On Mon, 2015-07-06 at 16:08 -0400, Boaen, Eric wrote:

> I'm attempting to install a new version of Openconnect as a test
> client on a Ubuntu laptop.
> I was able to (after numerous library installs) to get the client to
> install, but now when I run Openconnect I receive the following
> error:
>
> Openconnect: error while loading shared libraries: libopenconnect.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

You probably built it without giving a --prefix argument to the
configure script. Which means it installed itself into /usr/local, yes?

I'd guess that /usr/local/lib isn't on your default library load path.
You can add it to /etc/ld.so.conf or set LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

David.Woodhouse at intel.com                              Intel Corporation