OpenConnect --version in patched package builds

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Fri Jan 9 06:48:23 PST 2015

On Fri, 2015-01-09 at 09:43 -0500, Mike Miller wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 09, 2015 at 10:03:00 +0000, David Woodhouse wrote:
> > Is there an equivalent for Debian packaging that I should check for too?
>
> No, there is no standard set of environment variables passed to the
> build. We could agree on a convention and I could export a variable from
> the debian/rules script, but that's not much better than touching or
> modifying version.c myself.
>
> I've been handling version.c to some extent for a while anyway, but I'll
> look at adding the Debian revision now to be equivalent to what you
> have.

Note that in the common (hopefully!) case of an *unpatched* OpenConnect,
I don't use the RPM package revision. It's just the normal contents of
version.c

The new RPM stuff only kicks in when the sources are patched (without
subsequently touching version.c) and we would *otherwise* have ended up
with "v7.03-unknown".