Failed to open HTTPS connection vs. systemd & firewalld

Gottfried Haider gottfried.haider at gmail.com
Fri Jan 2 22:17:41 PST 2015

Hello all,

Apologies if this ends up being the wrong forum to raise such a
question. I've been unsuccessfully playing around with this for a
while, and will definitely also reach out to the firewalld camp with
this issue.

I was wondering if someone has seen something like this:

When I start up ocserv on my server automatically, I can't seem to
connect from the client ("Failed to connect to host", "Failed to open
HTTPS connection"). It does work though when I either start or restart
ocserv when the server has already been running, or when I disable
firewalld from loading.

This is on a pretty normal Fedora 20 server (ocserv 0.8.4), which uses
the standalone ocserv.service. Firewalld has a permanent rule to open
port 445.

The systemd serialization looks good to me: firewalld.service
completes before the network.target that ocserv.service depends on.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Gottfried

PS: Please CC me as I am not subscribed to this list.