Unable to connect using openconnect in Ubuntu12.04

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Thu Jan 1 01:14:40 PST 2015

On Thu, 2015-01-01 at 15:32 +1100, Sharad Upadhyaya wrote:

> I am trying to connect to a CISCO SSL VPN using OpenConnect v3.15 on
> Ubuntu 12.04.5 LTS (headless).

OpenConnect 3.15 is far too old. Unless it's being actively maintained
with backported patches (which AFAICT it isn't), it even has some quite
serious security flaws.

Do not use it. Any well-maintained distribution should by this point be
shipping at least OpenConnect 6.00, and should be looking to update to
7.0x imminently.

Version 6.00 fixed various issues with the new XML POST authentication
method, which were kind of worked around in the 5.02 release. And 7.00
fixes the handling of non-ASCII characters in form fields during
authentication.

Before that and back to 3.15 which was released in 2011, I can't even
remember what else we fixed.