ipv4-network gateway IP does not seem to exist?

Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos nmav at gnutls.org
Thu Feb 26 23:26:49 PST 2015

On Fri, 2015-02-27 at 13:18 +0800, tefeng wrote:
> Hi, All,
>
> I've installed ocserv 0.8.9 and it worked well except that the gateway
> ip address of ipv4-network does not seem to exist.

What is the gateway address of the ipv4-network? Do you mean the ocserv
address, or the address of the gateway of your network? If you mean
the ocserv address that can be seen in the vpns device in the server. If
however you mean the gateway of your network, then your settings:

> It contains the following lines in ocserv.conf:
>      ipv4-network = 192.168.100.0
>      ipv4-netmask = 255.255.255.0
>      dns = 192.168.100.1

are wrong. There you should specify the network to be used by ocserv,
not your LAN network addresses. These two networks will communicate by
setting the appropriate routes.