help debugging openconnect hang?

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Thu Feb 5 01:02:20 PST 2015

On Fri, 2014-12-19 at 02:07 -0600, Kevan Rehm wrote:
> Well done, it happens when the dhcp lease expires and has to be
> renewed.   Is there a way to get around that, or does everyone just
> use static IP addresses?

Did I ever answer this?  Apologies if not.

It depends a lot on what your DHCP client is actually doing. If it's
actively removing the routes that vpnc-script set up, then there's not a
lot you can do except try to stop it doing that.

If it's just adding its own routes back again, perhaps we should make
vpnc-script add its new routes with a lower metric instead of replacing
the original routes.

Or just running from NetworkManager ought to work. Then you have a
single agent coherently managing *all* the system routing, not separate
tools all working against each other.