ocserv proxy protocol support

Niels Peen niels at peen.ch
Fri Aug 21 13:31:11 PDT 2015

Hi,

I’m now using haproxy’s proxy protocol go get the client’s real IP address to ocserv. (As opposed to using sniproxy and losing this information.)

It works very well for Radius, which now receives the clients real IP address.

Two questions:

1) occtl and the script variable REAL_IP still show 127.0.0.1 as the client’s IP address. Is this expected?

2) I understand the proxy protocol also communicates the destination address.  Can this destination address be made available to the connect script? (E.g. IP_REAL_LOCAL.)

Best regards,
Niels