ocserv manpages

Carlos J Puga Medina cpm at fbsd.es
Sun Aug 16 15:02:34 PDT 2015

On Sun, 2015-08-16 at 19:22 +0200, Carlos J Puga Medina wrote:
> On Sun, 2015-08-16 at 09:48 +0200, Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos wrote:
> > On Sat, Aug 15, 2015 at 10:19 PM, Carlos J Puga Medina <cpm at fbsd.es
> > >
> > wrote:
> > > Hi,

> > > It seems that ocserv manpages are not displayed properly.
> > > Example:
> > > man ocserv currently shows:
> > >
> > > -----------------
> > >
> > > OPTIONS
> > >        Do not fork into background.
> >
> > I don't seem to be able to reproduce locally. I see the manpage
> > just
> > fine. Do you auto-generate the manpage with the issue locally or do
> > you use the distributed one?
>
> It's the auto-generated ocserv(8) man page. It seems that mandoc(1)
> can't cope, nroff(1) does cope with it.

We made some extra changes to have a readable ocserv(8) man page using
mandoc(1)

1) the doc/Makefile.am assumes that sed is gnu sed. BSD sed behaves
differently and causes a different type of replacement

2) the autogen-erated man pages were only autogen'ed if their
../src/*def file was touched. This was only the case for ocserv.8.

3) the autogen'ed .8 files had the '.NOP ' sequence, which mandoc
did not understand, and it subsequently ignore the .NOP lines.

4) autogen depends on bash (!)

--
Carlos Jacobo Puga Medina <cpm at fbsd.es>
PGP fingerprint = C60E 9497 5302 793B CC2D  BB89 A1F3 5D66 E6D0 5453