HOSTNAME value in ocserv scripts

Niels Peen niels at peen.ch
Sat Aug 15 14:02:56 PDT 2015

Hi,

The ocserv manual mentions this:

# The following parameters are passed on the environment.
# REASON, USERNAME, GROUPNAME, HOSTNAME (the hostname selected by client),
…

But it’s unclear to me what would fill the HOSTNAME variable. In my setup it’s always empty.  I was hoping it would contain the hostname that the client intended to connect to, though I’m not sure if that’s known to the server.

Which leaves me with 2 questions:
1) What’s the current HOSTNAME variable for?
2) Is it possible to figure out the hostname the client is connecting to?

Thanks,
Niels