Juniper SSL VPN login fails

Tom Metro tmetro+openconnect at gmail.com
Fri Apr 10 15:19:47 PDT 2015

Tom Metro wrote:
> (It may also be relevant to note that I'm also seeing a failure when I
> attempt a traditional login to this VPN via a web browser. ...it is successfully
> authenticating...but not launching the Java app.

I've since resolved this issue. (Apparently the server had my account
flagged as being a Mac user instead of a Linux user and was attempting
to launch the wrong VPN client.)

But OpenConnect still fails in the same manner.

The most significant difference now between the previously successful
connection I made to the partner's test server using OpenConnect and the
current setup is that I am now using a client certificate. Is there a
problem with OpenConnect's handling of the client certificate?

 -Tom