Failed to read from TAP device: ea (VPN works OK)

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Tue Oct 28 04:51:19 PDT 2014

On Tue, 2014-10-28 at 19:45 +0800, Niels Peen wrote:

I think this is because the configured MTU on the TAP device is too
high. We're trying to receive a packet into a buffer which isn't large
enough for it.

Try hacking the tun_mainloop() function in mainloop.c, around line 59,
to use a hardcoded 1500 instead of vpninfo->ip_info.mtu as the packet
size. I bet you see the issues go away.

We need to work out how to tell Windows what the MTU is. Preferably
without Windows needing to reboot to apply the change :)