Does anyone care about GnuTLS 2.12 support

Mike Miller mtmiller at debian.org
Tue Nov 18 17:40:14 PST 2014

On Tue, Nov 18, 2014 at 22:03:25 +0000, David Woodhouse wrote:
> Thanks. It was Debian/Ubuntu I was most concerned about — I see even
> Ubuntu 14.04 seems to have GnuTLS 2.12 according to
> http://packages.ubuntu.com/trusty/openconnect

It does, and is also on OpenConnect 5.02 / libopenconnect.so.2. I don't
see any chance of that changing in the official archive, so no need to
worry about that version from my point of view.

If others are interested in building new versions of OpenConnect on
14.04 for their own use, they should be able to with the GnuTLS 3.2.11
that is also available, it looks usable to me. OpenConnect won't be
linked against a GPLv2-compatible GMP and it won't service the version
of NM in 14.04, but should work otherwise.

> Btw, do you have any clue about
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1297849 ? I haven't been following
> closely looks like NM VPN support is fairly broken in Ubuntu and nobody
> seems to care very much apart from the affected users...

No clue at the moment. I've been keeping my eye on it but nothing to add
at this point. It works for me in a stock 14.04 install is all I can say
for now.

--
mike